|Carlson Inspired by Broadcast Industry Support of TV White Space Technology|
|Friday, 04 May 2012 09:36|
The future of TV white space technology is even more promising now that the broadcast industry is no longer concerned about interference from white space devices sharing spectrum with TV broadcasters.
This is thanks to the work of spectrum database companies like Telcordia demonstrating successful spectrum management models. Carlson and Telcordia will offer a public demo of this device-to-database interaction at the upcoming UTC Telecom 2012 show in Orlando, Fla. May 20-23.
The broadcast industry has in the past been concerned that broadband devices operating on TV frequencies might have an adverse impact on broadcast TV. But yesterday the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) filed to dismiss its lawsuit against the FCC, removing the last legal obstacle to the widespread deployment of this emerging technology.
Carlson joins its fellow members of the Wireless Innovation Alliance (WIA) in congratulating NAB on its decision, which WIA calls a “major step forward” for the technology. WIA is an organization that advocates for efficient spectrum use in the U.S.
Public Knowledge, policy advocates for fair use of innovative technology, also applauded NAB’s decision, noting that, with the removal of legal obstacles, “the innovations that are just beginning can continue to proceed with new confidence."
Decisions like these inspire Carlson in its work to engineer solutions using TV white-space technology and the valuable spectrum it offers.
Most Recent Posts
- Carlson Returns to Super Wi-Fi Summit - 5 Things to Expect
- Discover a New Configuration for RuralConnect
- Increased Performance with TV White Space Omni Antenna Reflector
- Phase 2 of TVWS Trial Shows Promise
- Energy Telecom and Electrical (ENTELEC) Expo
- IWCE Expo and WISPAmerica Summary
- Join us at IWCE Expo and Get Acquainted with TV White Space
- Join us for the WISPAmerica Conference
- FCC Certifies Carlson Wireless Technologies TV White Space Radio
- IT Expo/Super Wi-Fi & Shared Spectrum Summit