|Telcordia Receives Preliminary Database Approval|
|Wednesday, 28 March 2012 22:08|
Everyone here at Carlson would like to wholeheartedly congratulate our database partner Telcordia for receiving preliminary approval from the FCC to manage TV white space frequencies in local areas. We’ve been working with Telcordia to demonstrate the interaction between databases and TV white-space equipment.
Geolocation databases like Telcordia’s track which channels are available in each geographic region. These databases are especially important for TV white-space technology because the available channels vary widely, even within the same region. Successful interaction between TV white space equipment and the geolocation database is necessary for a network to be established in compliance with all FCC regulations.
To learn more about the specifics of device-database connections, watch our demonstration video.
Most Recent Posts
- IT Expo/Super Wi-Fi & Shared Spectrum Summit
- TVWS featured at 79th APCO in Anaheim
- Come See Us at APCO!
- From Singapore: Carlson is now a Member of the Dynamic Spectrum Alliance!
- We're Back from IWCE 2013!
- Activism in the Future of White Space
- White Space without Interference in the City of Wireless Microphones
- Super Wi-Fi Meets the Challenge
- 19 Million Americans Still without Broadband
- Utilities Look at Sharing 700 MHz Band with Public Safety